Friday, February 25, 2011

A Lazy Day...what better way to spend a day!

     As I sit here on my bed doing absolutely NOTHING except wait for the next text or post on Facebook....I wonder, is this really a good use of a day?  Lord knows that we only have a few days on this Earth, should we just "waste" it?  I say HELL YES!  These are days for decompressing, days for reconnecting, and days for doing what we have put off enjoying for far too long! 
    
     In my case, I have been DYING to watch movies lately and just haven't found the time.  This has been a day of nothing BUT movies!  Watching those classics that I was drawn to as a child and rediscovering them with childlike wonder.  Ralph Macchio in the "Karate Kid"...I was going to marry him ya know!  Michael J. Fox...what an absolutely gifted man!  Watching him in both "Family Ties" and "Back to the Future" brought back those memories.   Then, there is "Casablanca"...ah, we'll always have Casablanca!  The romance, the adventure, and the just plain beauty of that film is exactly why it is beyond price!

    I am again wondering, was this a productive use of the day?  When your battery is recharged, when you are glowing with sheer delight....that is NEVER a waste of the precious time we all share here.  So....go ahead, have a day when you just stay in bed, skip the shower, and just DO what makes YOU happy.  You will be a better person for it :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment