Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paying attention to the "Footprints" in the sand...

     To say this week has been a little trying would be an understatement!  We lost our beloved family dog after her suffering a stroke,  my poor kitty still isn't feel "right", and then there is my job.  Do NOT get me wrong, I LOVE what I do---but the very nature of being a teacher is stressful (those in the profession can back me on that!).  It was in the middle of all of this that I saw something.  Something that would give me just what I needed when I needed it!   A key chain.  Yep, a key chain.  This particular key chain is in the shape of a footprint and contained the poem of the same name.  *I think that most of us have at least heard of it :0)

     I immediately realized that I had become so consumed by what was going on, that I literally was only focusing on the fact that there was only one set of footprints -not realizing that I was getting a "lift", so to speak, by a source much more powerful than myself.  The words of sympathy and support from friends, family, and some of the most beautiful condolences from my students--these were all examples of me getting helping hand.  These were His way of trying to show me that I was not alone---He was there right beside me.  This finally really hit home for me today.  I really hadn't had a chance to rest lately, then right on cue, we had an unscheduled day off.  In the middle of sitting there with my favorite furry friend and watching a movie, I realized that this was yet another "lift".  I was getting the therapy of time, rest, and attention from a little girly girl I totally adore. 

          The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen
only one set of footprints, is when
I carried you."

1 comment: